Friday, July 3, 2009

Webcited


I'm thinking about moving this blog to either Wordpress or Tumblr. Put simply, Blogger is not as good as Livejournal when I used to use it three years ago. I had a blog for a short span of time on Wordpress and was very happy with the site; I still have to check out Tumblr. My only concern is losing readership, though I don't think it would be difficult to click a link. Tumblr strikes me as more of a Twitter with pictures.

Paul Duffeild wrote an article on how the illustration of comics is done. Every time I see one of these I am amazed and impressed. I am so impatient when it comes to drawing that after a few hours I get tired and leave the piece to sketch out a new one, though things like this inspire me to expand my artistic talents.

It would be awesome if a comic with a plot was done purely with photographs.

The new Disney World President-Bots are too lifelike! It scares me.

Warren Ellis suggested that 3G IPhone users need a sticker saying "IT'S OK: I'M DOING SCIENCE". I think I need a shirt that says that.

He also linked to this song, which if you like electronic music and theramins you need to go listen to right now. I really enjoyed it, though I think the trumpets need more practice. I am having a hard time turning this album off. IT IS SO GOOD. It is rare that I like music so much!

In a way it's strange that the people who create things like this are just normal people with a passion and talent. It almost seems as though it would make more sense if for a moment Orpheus came down and possessed them. I genuinely believe that we all of a place like this locked inside of ourselves, a personal Oprheus waiting to come out and connect us to that higher place of euphoria.
I've never visited the Salton Sea but I want to.

Image Credit

No comments: