Monday, March 16, 2009

Last Night's Dream

I vaguely remember a part where I was with high school band in some location. Things kept breaking that the school didn't have the money to fix, including, at one point, a very expensive video camera due to a wave in the ocean. Repairs for it would "cost a couple hundred" (that wasn't the full cost of the camera). Mr. Kenion, one of my high school band teachers, and Mrs. Craig were there. Mrs. Craig asked me what I had done to my hair, and I told her "nothing, just used a new type of shampoo" and then that I was fine, and getting better, though I got the impression she wasn't really listening. Everything was in brown overtones, and run down.

Next I remember being at Canterbury, still with the band, although it was also implied that I was going to school there. Twice I got so caught up in day dreams that I missed what was right in front of/behind me; the second time this was that a bunch of buildings were on fire with firemen rushing to combat the flames. It was implied throughout the dream that the global economic and political situation was getting worse and that there were fires everywhere. Next I remember a gathering at a clearing by the lunch area, which did not resemble the real life lunch area in Canterbury, and I wanted to know if we could go home since everything was on fire because I wanted to skip school. I can't remember if it was before or after that I slipped into another daydream and everything was bombed by a country who's name I think was Cambria. It was truly horrible in the dream, and I can't imagine it in real life. Everything was on fire, people were running and screaming, I had no idea what had happened to anyone else or my appartment or pets. The global fan had been hit, and there was no telling what was going to happen or if and when the nukes were going to come. I think this happened before the assembly because I was wondering if China was going to side with Cumbria.

We scattered, though I don't remember why, and I ran into the building to the south trying to get out of the school. The building resembled dreamscape from a previous dream about North Hollywood. Another nation, an Asian one, had then sent archers to the west coast and they were now in the school. I remember a brief scene with Alex Jacobson in front of a column of people saying "Archers? In this day and age? Why don't they send bombs or something?" Watching them take down all the people around me I didn't wonder why, as everyone was completely defenseless. The actual reason this country sent archers was that it was poor, in the dream. Another part of the dream had revealed that America's military force was stretched very thin and was too untrained and inexperienced, I remember.

At some point I "woke up" into another dream in "my" bed, though this room did not resemble my apartment. Everything was mauve and it was implied I was in a house in a fancy area. I, still convinced that Cambria was invading, rushed outside with a gun and a kitchen knife, to meet Jackie Chan, who was in his 20s, and a girl in a coach. They both stopped. The dream gets sort of fuzzy from here, though I remember there was a lot of dream after this. I think Jackie Chan was a womanizer and I turned him down, and David Litvak, who I knew in middle school, also liked me but I also turned him down. There was a logic game which Jessica Lee beat David at(David was a nerd) and some sort of new ride involving a tunnel.

Dreams are crazy.

No comments: