Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today was Good

Several small but good things happened today which made me very happy. It could be argued that they are the reward of my effort, but I really think that they were God being good. Finding vegetarian chicken noodle soup was definitely not the reward of my effort, unless you count going to the soup isle in Ralph's as effort.
I also went to the gym today for the first time. I forgot to stretch beforehand, which was interesting, to say the least. Lifting 20 lbs with both of my triceps after lift fifteen became a serious effort. I was actually out of breath and a little put off at myself, and was also wondering what I was going to do for the remainder of my time there since I had a walk ahead of me right afterwards. I then discovered that the machine lets you lift weights with your foot. Testing it 10 lbs at a time, I discovered that I could lift up to 90 lbs with my right foot without any discomfort. Considering this is more than I weigh, maybe I'm not a lost cause after all. I exercised using the peddle and my arms after that.
What was interesting was that I got all testosteroney afterwards and was thinking about fight scenes and such. It's amusing, but I'm not sure if I like it. I'm still going to try and work out, of course. It seems better than rolling out of bed to the heater, grumbling under my breath for twenty minutes before I actually get anything done.
Now I will have minestrone soup. Mmm.....

No comments: