Saturday, August 22, 2009

Full Day Yesterday



I had an interesting dream last night where a friend of mine turned into a god, like Apollo, and lived as a shining, bright center of truth for some time. Then a visitor came and showed him that he and the gods were turning into mysteries of smoke and shadow. It was actually quite touching. The gods went off to find a cure, though my "awake" mind knew it was almost hopeless.

Last night I was too tired to write an entry. We went to the Tate museum and and Stonehenge yesterday. I get angry when people compare side-of-the-road and cheap artists to these people. My favorite were the English romantics,and my favorite painting was "The Deluge", the second picture on this site. This was extremely powerful in person. I could hear the waves and the people. I also saw the first picture, "The Death of Ophelia", which I have wanted to for years. It is much sadder in person, and the foliage is much more defined. There was also this awesome picture with children lighting Chinese lamps in the Victorian section. After lunch, which was good, I went back and got lost in the Pre-Raphealites, and it was actually quite painful to pull myself away.

I want to turn part of my house into a workshop. I've always wanted to do metal and glassworking and grow crystals and crap, and now I can sort of do some of that. We'll see.
I have a lot to do when I get back, including learning a lot of math and physics stuff that I want to.

We took a tour to Stonehenge, which was the most efficient(and cheapest) way of getting there. The guide was nice, though muffled. It was a two-hour drive there and we only got one hour at the site, not enough for me to go explore the barrows and pine forests, which I reallly wanted to. The first henge on that site was erected 5000BC, and the country used to be all forest. Isn't that cool? You can sort of see how the creators meant it to be and connect with people from 3000BC. It bears a strange resemblance to the colosseum, and the altar in the middle reminds me of cult horns.

I was thinking more, but no more time to write. Tommorow we fly back.

No comments: