Friday, August 7, 2009

UK Day Four(With Pictures)

I love how in England every two miles there is a sign saying "Slow Down", the GPS tells the car to slow down and the cars don't allow people to go over a certain speed, and yet people are still breaking the speed limit regularly.
The clothing in England reminds me of the clothing in America except for a little bit wilder and a little bit shorter, and for some reason it scares me.

Last night I didn't go to sleep until around 7:00am, literally. At 10:00am I was waken up. We went to Hyde park by the Tube and visited the Trinidadian embassy for longer than we liked. Embassy row is surrounded by fancy cars, unsurprisingly, that were mostly Mercedes. I wondered what the buildings were before they were embassies, as they were obviously older than the organizations in them.
We then got off at Leicester square and ate in a pub, then walked to Covent Gardens market. Finally, we walked to St Paul's, a monument in architecture. It took a long time. I have vivid memories of walking up the steps of that cathedral, but we couldn't do that this time since there was going to be a mass. Then we visited a couple bookstores, and I bought a bible of Buddhist literature.
There are plenty of brands in England that I don't recognize, but plenty that I do. I love the woods here.
Anyways, I'm keeping it short so that I can do a picture entry now.

Update: Photostream updated.

No comments: