Friday, August 28, 2009

Hi

I haven't been talking about my life lately because there isn't much to report.

I've been jet lagged. I hung out with Tedrick once; we saw a small chihuahua which was insanely cute. I've been reading a lot of nostalgia books, namely the Animorphs and Jedi Apprentice, because they were really entertaining back in the day. KA Appelgate fails to be five people or, at times, even a decent writer of prose. But what she does accomplish is cool. The Animorphs doesn't sugarcoat the fact that these kids get scarred and changed by war. She explains technological loopholes and takes as much advantage of the fact that aliens are probably not going to be anything like humans, though she at times fails. I suspect she models the Andalites after East-Asian cultures. I see no reason why aliens would be so taken with human passion, though. She tries to integrate science and complex moral lessons and all levels of society.

But it's still not exactly productive in the most conventional sense, though it is in others.

My mom and I went to the mall, where we saw the cheaper Venetian creations selling for cheap prices. Everything else was expensive; moreso, in fact, than in London. It seems like the first new wave of European fashion is hitting the stores, but most of it is not my style. We saw real Venetian and Vatican jewelry for very marked-up prices. Plastic jewelry dangled everywhere. I got sick of the place very fast.

Today I'm going to hang out with Jessica.

No comments: