Thursday, August 6, 2009

Trippin', UK day two

So today after I had insomnia for about four hours I was awakened and got chocolate milk. We went to Brighton, which is a long drive from where we are. The GPS took us around some funny places a couple of times. One was a bridge in which a two-way road suddenly transitioned into one way, and the one way was the opposite direction of which we were going. UK drivers are still crazy and some of the roads are too narrow for two-way traffic. Also, there are a lot of Mercedes trucks, mostly garbage trucks. I object to this homogenity of cultures. Most of the music on the radio and movies mentioned I am familiar with, though Sharon's car has a USB drive. What! I want a USB drive.

We arrived in Brighton and were immediatley greeted by parking prices we refused to pay. After finding new parking, going the wrong way in a stairwell and discovering a wonderful smell, we ate in a seafood restraunt where the food was good and fresh, though expensive. We then walked up a street containing lots and lots of restraunts and some gambling places. My mom and aunt spent some time in a shoe store, and we visited a 99 pound store, factory store, and an enormous store called Pricemark which had great prices. I bought some cheap pants and another best coat ever, which means my search for coats is over. I was sort of disturbed by the mother and high-schoo daughter shopping for sexy underwear together, though I guess it is good that they are open?

British young people seem to dress either like British punks or in a style similar to Californians.

It had started to rain while we were in the store, and we decided to leave Brighton after the stores started to close. I wrapped my scarf around my head to keep from getting wet. We then spent more than two hours on the road during pouring rain while it got dark. I slept during most of this time. Drivers were still scary.

We came home and ate dinner. I lied about the pictures today. Soon, my friends.

No comments: