Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another Dream Post



What I remember from the beginning of this dream involved swimming in a pool which in retrospect seems more like a lake. I was at the shallow end of it, and there was a school of Dario dario(pictured above, I have two of these and the males do not school) which I was observing. A bass came out, which I was afraid would eat them and the larvae at the bottom which was going through metamorphosis to become a kitten, but then the pool started to rock and threw me into the deep end. I got out just in time and watched from some high ground as the swells in the pool raged. I also saw red squirrels, which made no sense, as red squirrels are endangered and native to the eastern USA( at least in the dream), and also spotted a bunch of nerite snails(one species pictured right, I own three Clithon corona). Later on I was with a friend who was talking to an expert, who said that all the interbreeding and introduced species had created an interesting mix of species.
Later I was with Geringher, my high school band teacher, and we were going to a dance/clubbing as an event for the band. I wore khaki pants and a black t-shirt, but all the other girls were wearing nice dresses. I felt under-dressed for a second then shrugged it off, as I wasn't exactly planning to dance or meet romantic interests. The "dance" turned out to be a huge Imax movie theatre. I was going to sit with Ilya, but for some reason which may or may not have had something to do with Dr. Kleinfeld he got from me separated from me and sat at the front of the movie theater. Some cuts from the dream later showed him getting very angry with someone regarding an experiment, even though I've never seen him angry in real life. I was sitting in the very back row and got joined by my former Noho classmate Jin, whom I haven't seen in real life for about four years. Jin and I used to sit together in Spanish with another former classmate, Cherise, and rant about the teacher, Mr. Corcos, who is probably the worst teacher I have encountered to date. Jin was a nice guy.
I was somewhat relieved to be sitting with him, though he proceeded to talk really loudly to me. The first time he received a hushing, and the second time the presentation(which was taking place instead of a movie-I think it was being given by Andy) stopped and everyone glared at him for a few seconds. He then started forcing kisses on me and asked me out on a date. I said no; he asked me why not, and I said that it just wasn't the right time. He was being very forceful and had dragged me into a hug-headlock. He said something with gist that either a date works or it doesn't, and what was the harm in trying? That actually registered with me when he was called out by Gehringer, whom had targeted both of us this time. Jin admitted what he was doing, and I walked down the stairs with two nameless, large guys as body guards. I think I was wearing a white dress and was shaken up but composed and still centered, though I couldn't look Ilya in the eye. Gehringer then talked to me and blamed me partially for being a tease or something. I was shocked and angry.

My next dream involved being at a party for a new TV show, although the TV show was going on at the same time as the party. The show starred Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Portia de Rossi, with Mike Hurwitz producing, and we thought one of the beginning songs was stolen from "Arrested Development", though I disproved that. This was set at the beach. I was also at the same time hunting through the backyard for kittens. I managed to pick one of the kittens up and Gaiylee was actually very friendly, simply meowing for her baby back. I proudly showed this to my mother.

Noticing some themes here? These dreams aren't telling me to date. They are, in fact, tests, though I feel more social today. I've realized that I am sort of going through some metamorphosis of my own, and the anti-social tendencies are like a cocoon I'm spinning around myself. Also, I really want to swim again, though for the past few days it has been cold and foggy. I caught two colds and got my first bee sting from that pool, so I am also a bit wary of going back in. I guess I could use UCSD's rec center, but then people will laugh at my horrible form. Scoliosis makes it harder to swim, due to my extra weakness on one side. These dreams are actually sort of fulfilling my need for outdoorsy and animal stuff.

No comments: