Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cacophony

On Jezebel, some people were discussing how much they hated Avril Lavigne's(sp?) video for her song "Girlfriend". I won't bother embedding it because the song is horrible and nobody here would most likely view the it anyways. I'm talking about it because I watched the video yesterday and it's still bothering me today. Basically, the song begins:

"I don't like your girlfriend
I think you need a new one
I could be your girlfriend..."

Profound, eh? But Avril is so very cruel throughout the entire video to the other girl. We see nothing particularly wrong with the girlfriend besides the fact that she's dressed preppily. She's nice to her boyfriend and has a wardrobe that deliberately makes her less pretty than Avril in the video, who's dressed like an average high school punk. Throughout the video, Avril is dancing against the guy, takes off his jacket, and finally pushes him into a bathroom stall. Avril also knocks his girlfriend on the head with a ball on a miniature golf course, which makes her fall into a pool of water. Seriously, if a guy still likes you after you do that to his girlfriend or almost anyone, he is probably kind of a douche. Also, the fact that he sort of encourages Avril's attentions while still being with his girlfriend? Douche.

Some people have problems with the word "homewrecker". For me, it depends on the circumstances. If a guy or a girl pursues someone who's in a relationship, he or she is one. Seriously, if the guy is a decent guy or the girl is a decent girl he or she would break up with his or her SO before getting together with you. If you're being selfish it may suck more than the alternative, but it's the right thing to do if you're trying to be monogamous. If you don't want to be monogamous, don't be in a monogamous relationship. Sometimes things just happen, though, and the other person turns out to be a much better match. I don't think there is any reason to shame anyone in that case. It kind of sucks for everyone involved.

If either you or your loved ones have to go through the heartbreak of a late abortion or you want to show an acquaintance the stark reality of the procedure or see it for yourself, visit the website "A Heartbreaking Choice". And believe me, the stories will completely break your heart.

I like this song, which is vaguely reminiscent of what would happen if you mixed Bjork and Delerium together and drugged the singer.



This song sounds has the same sort of energy and beat that VNV nation likes to utilize, though it's a bunch of women chanting. I've just come to realize that I have a pretty out-there taste in music. What do these guys and The Rolling Stones have in common?



PS I found out recently I really like The Rolling Stones.


This is in-between Siouxe and the Banshees and Bauhaus. Though the video made me crack up because it's so old school.



I have to check out all of these bands more.

Flight of the Conchords: "Bowie in Space"

"Receiving transmission from Bowie's nipple antennae."

No comments: