Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Fail at Pet-Theft

I am so happy that Obama is funding comprehensive sex education and I do have to give points to Meghan McCain for supporting it. Here is a quote from her blog:

"Here's what I've never understood about the party: its resistance to discussing better access to birth control. As a Republican, I am pro-life. But using birth control and having an abortion are not the same at all. Actually, the best way to prevent abortions is to educate people about birth control and make it widely and easily accessible. True: abstinence is the only way to fully prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. Still, the problem with abstinence-only education is that it does not make teenagers and young adults more knowledgeable about all the issues they face if or when they have sex-physically and emotionally."

As you may have guessed I am pro-choice, but this is certainly a step in the right direction.

The Latin Black Bean soup from Trader Joe's is very good, although what they said about beans and how they're good for your heart applies here.

My mid-day routine was interrupted by the sudden appearance of a small dog on the lawn. My train of thought went something like this:
"Aw, he/she's adorable but probably belongs to someone and touching random animals is dangerous.
......
..............
Time to steal a puppy."

In the literal minute or two it took me to get outside the puppy disappeared. To cheer myself up I went to see if the random calico cat that loves all humans and lives in my complex was around, but alas, he was not. For those who might wonder, he already is in the care of a person who seems to be a loving owner. Anyways, the people I did get to see were a mob of college-aged kids with identical glasses. I did not want to see these people because about an inch and a half of my belly was showing, but short of ducking into some bushes there was nothing I could do. It's interesting, because every time I see college-aged people outside of campus my mind goes "Big people! Run for cover!". I mean, technically it should do that when just about everybody passes by.

Picture, if you will, a tiny elementary-aged Marisa discovering that the back door of the backyard unlocks and, after bracing it with a rock, leaves to scurry about in ratty pink foam sandals with a green and a purple flower on them. She goes around collecting snails, berries, insects, and the like, steadfastly disappearing whenever the nearest person came into sight. She had many random "experiments" in jars, some involving algae and whether or not she could trigger evolution in it, or clone two species of fish together.

Anyways, back to the present day, although now I'm wishing again for those robotics kits that I always lusted after as a child. I considered searching the area for random pets, but decided that no matter how non-threatening I looked that would still be creepy. Then I came back inside.


No comments: