Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Zombies, Witches, and Dragons

Last night I dreamed that zombies had invaded the town. Not the usual movie or video game zombies, but zombies as strong, smart, and fast as a decayed human being actually would be: not at all. The part of the dream that I can remember involved my playing video games in a house with Dr. Hodgins from "Bones" in a game where we killed vampires and demons in 8-bit or worse graphics except when when the game transitioned to certain cut scenes. For some reason I was very good at the game and button-smashing was allowing me to win, but Hodgins was struggling. All the other humans had gone to safety shelters like churches or other public buildings which had at this point probably been sealed off. For the most part we were actually very safe as the zombies outside the open window had not noticed us at all. I went downstairs in what was originally a one-story house to check the door which turned out to be unlocked and my surroundings suddenly transitioned into my house in LA. My family had come home, although they didn't look like my family. Apparently the zombie threat was over and everyone had been released. My mom had even brought a zombified Snuggles home who was trying to bite everyone in vain. My dad, whom at this point turned into someone very similar to Castle, went to a local police meeting trying to find the cause of the zombie outbreak, and I went with him. There was a cutscene in my dream explaining that the outbreak had started with an old man who attempted to strangle his doctors and then fell dead ten seconds later. Later on I was at home alone with my mom, whom my meta-dream self suspected something of something. My meta-dream self also knew the zombie outbreak was not over. My mom started talking and then screaming about how she was already dead and her face started transforming. Then I woke up and started being extremely suspicious of how dark it was outside.

Since I fell asleep at 2:00am and woke up at around 4:28am I was not well rested at all and no amount of sudden fear of zombies was going to keep me awake. I rolled over and dreamed about a powerful sorceress who was trying to take over the world while I was working with a guy, some sort of powerful guru, who was attempting to stop her. Our band had a showdown with her in what looked like a public bathroom where we crystallized her and then threw acid on the crystals. Then I started writing a book in my head and there was a waterfall and some dragons.

Needless to say, I don't feel very well rested today.

No comments: