Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Yes, you like spatial disorientation, don't you?"

I wonder what the future would be like if instead of nations, we had organizations. Would these organizations be able to share the world in a heterogeneous population distribution, perhaps with capitals(headquarters) in certain areas? Or would they inevitably carve out a territory, creating new nations most likely inhibited from expanding by natural boundaries like in olden times? Keep in mind my definition of organization is coming from just reading articles on Al-Quaeda. I would imagine the culture surrounding the organization would obviously influence its choices while it was developing.

I am very happy that we are trying to rebuild ties with Russia and that the new stress-tests were released, although if Obama were Stalin he would be calming public fears while manipulating things behind the scenes. Of course, he's not Stalin and I don't believe all of these conspiracy theories. The poor guy has already aged from his short time in office.

Lavoisier died yesterday :(. But the German troops also officially ceased action in WWII.

So last night, despite taking the muscle relaxant, which is a sedative, I fell asleep around 2:00am and woke up at 7:00am. I stayed in bed until around 7:50am, at which point I got up and shuffled down to the lab meeting. Many of the talks were interesting to listen to, although during a couple of them I wandered off into space. Ilya got an award which is really cool and everybody was happy for him. Anyways, after almost everybody was distracted during the last talk lunch break was announced, after which we would meet again at 2:00pm. At first I strolled off on my own, met Dr. Kleinfeld on the elevator and proceeded to give him the rundown on my status in 30 seconds. I was planning on being anti-social, but when I looked back I saw Andrew, Jeff, and Ilya strolling behind me and decided to join them. I'm glad I did, I had a really nice time and was invited to hang out with the grad students more often. Not to give the impression that the grad students are like a club and this was means I'm a cool kid, just that us undergrads usually hang out in one room and the grads hang out in another. Anyways, we all come back at 2:00pm and Dr. Kleinfeld is not there. Ilya comes back from class and Dr. Kleinfeld is still not there. We start playing Jamoraquai and Jazz in the lab and Dr Kleinfeld is MIA. I've run out of things to do, the computer screen is hurting my eyes and Dr. Kleinfeld has not arrived. I joke about watching a movie and Dr. Kleinfeld is still absent, though by this point we had learned he was on a conference call. Ilya busted out Netflix and put on "The Matrix: Reloaded" . He then had a great time attempting to get the movie to show on his 30'' screen. We ended up watching it on his laptop, at which point he realized that it's actually "The Matrix: Revolutions" he hasn't seen. We got to the part where people dress in leather and talk like stoners(aka I don't remember right now...right, the Oracle was just about to die via Agent Smith) then, after checking back, realize the lab meeting has been going on without us. After the last presentation finished it was 6:00pm and I went home to do math and watch "Bones". Brennan's wanting a baby is completely inconsistent, people! Also, I had to deal with some unexpected banking problems which got resolved.

I hope you had a good day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,I enjoy reading through your article post, I wanted to write a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. All the best for all your blogging efforts.