Saturday, May 23, 2009

In LA

I have a general rule when it comes to posting anything on the internet: do not post anything I would not want my parents to see. Though I have come close to skirting this rule in the past, it still is a stringent guideline. For example, now that my relationship with Chris is over, I will not reference any romantic feelings on this blog unless it is the start of a relationship.

I didn't post yesterday because I had a migraine when I came home. Maybe I'll post about it later.

Today I got up at 8:15 after having two dreams in which I was robbed. It's hard to creep me out in my apartment, though it is easy to scare me in this house. All of my family half-jokingly swears that our dwelling is haunted because of phantom footsteps, toilets flushing when nobody else is around, and lights and fans turning on and off. Of course, it's more likely we have some faulty wiring and plumbing and the floorboards spring back after a delayed amount of time, but I do have some amount of superstitious belief.

After checking the bus schedule I realized I needed to go in fifteen minutes. I dressed, threw my things together, and rushed down to the bus stop, which I reached about fifteen minutes ironically early without anything in my stomach. I got a delicious panini from a bistro across from the train station that I actually have been craving for some time . This place also has handmade gellato; check it out if you ever have to use Amtrak. I actually didn't get any gellato this time. I love gellato, which is one of my few sweet weaknesses.
I fell asleep on the train after eating to keep my migraine from coming back. After a short wait, I met Clem at Union Station. I love Clem! I'm not just saying that because she requested the link to this blog. We had a nice visit, and Jon graciously drove me to the Laurel Canyon Orange Line station.
I came home, talked to my parents, and looked at the kittens playing in the sun. At that point we went to the mall, where mom and dad bought a mattress. I bought an Orange Julius and visited the pet shop in this time. I was forcefully reminded of Chris by pomerianians and pugs. I wish it were possible to simply throw out the bad in a relationship and keep the good. Right now that reminder has faded: pomeranians and pugs are symbols of the past. Clothing-shopping-wise, apparently, whether or not you dressed indie before, you are going to dress indie now, by force. Or just wear your old clothes, like I'm planning to do. But seriously, when shopping confuses my mother, you've gone too far, fashion industry. I got a new top, dress, and board shorts, at least. There were no cool overcoats, replaced by "breezy, summery, and feminine" styles, but apparently my old pleather overcoat looks a lot better than I remember.
We went to a Thai restaurant near my house and now Christopher is over at our house. Ciao! I hope you all have fun.

No comments: