Thursday, April 16, 2009

And!

Another Twitter post brought to you by my email subscription to the Monterey Bay aquarium and the people who don't write me back when I need them to. Like my professor. Please hurry, Mr. Professor. I'm waiting.

This is a link to a pre-written letter encouraging the governor to support marine reserves(basically, national parks in the ocean). Click here to support this cause. Also, this is a pocket guide to sustainable seafood choices.

I sound like an advertisement.

According the the Wikipedia mailing list today is the anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings and the day before yesterday Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. I'll probably take a little time off to commemorate both.

Edit 3:18pm

I think I've realized another part of my problem with listening to lectures lately. Whenever I open a book I have a conversation with it, in a way; a back and forth exchanging of ideas that I can wrestle and grapple with as many times as I wish. In a lecture ideas burst into my head screaming "Wait! Wait! She has a bad memory! Let me out of her mouth before she forgets me!" Then they are forgotten, never to be exchanged in any way. I realize that this has to be read with a certain frame of mind and that I am not, perhaps, presenting myself in the clearest sense. Having a conversation with a book versus didactics from a human being is sort of counter-intuitional. At least I know what I mean....
It's not that I am simply biased towards learning visually. The past has proven that to me.

No comments: