Friday, April 17, 2009

New Day, New Stories

Does this seem wrong to you? It seems wrong to me...

Today I woke up at 6:00am, 6:30am, and 7:00am. I decided to continue sleeping the last time I woke up and preceded to have multiple dreams about waking up, realizing that I was in a dream, and then "waking up "again. One of these involved the toilet becoming detached from the wall and spilling septic tank fluid everywhere and then my realizing that I was in a dream because the apartment had grown extra rooms. I was trying desperately to wake up, but by the time I finally managed to it was 9:08am. A little enraged at myself, I considered not going to the meeting and speaking to Dr. Kleinfeld afterward, but then decided that nobody would actually care that I was late. Unfortunately, it still took me twenty minutes before I could get out of bed and a Centrum tablet and two pills before I was capable of really moving around. I put on a nice top in order to hopefully avert attention off the fact that I probably smelled and had bad breath, then ran down the hill. A girl with crutches made room for me to sit on the bus-thanks!

The lab meeting was fine. As detailed before I'm having some trouble listening to lectures, though being well rested certainly helps. As an aside, I used to be very interested in topology in my younger days of exploring the wild and weird, but lacked the necessary base mathematical skills to understand it fully. I was going to re-try my hand at it over spring break, but ran out of time. It's definetly a subject I am interested in exploring more later. I got the go-ahead from Dr. Kleinfeld to redo the slides I lost and to present on the paper next week. Poor Ilya really did look very sleepy while presenting(is he reading this? I don't know).

Getting the slides/code off the computer made me fifteen minutes late to lunch with Anthony. In retrospect I could have just copied the save files, but I didn't think of that at the time. We talked about the projects we're doing and he accidentally suggested that perhaps I should look for a possible optimization point in my project, which I think could be interesting. Things ended very quickly because I had to bound off the my appointment with Peter at 2:00pm.

Peter has noticed a definite change in me, commenting on how much more animated and happy I seem. Anyways, it went well.

After school, I checked out Coast Physical Therapy, which I had sent an e-mail to but had never gotten a reply back from. I made an appointment there and spilled Indian food all over their floor. I also found myself a clinic in the same complex, so I now have somewhere to go to where I'm covered by insurance!

Good day so far.

Also, the code is so far not working on my computer and I wants to stabs its eyes out.

No comments: