Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dear Diary, Sort of

I think I'll write here before I start on my homework again.
Today, after I got up and wrote the post below, I attempted to read for a little while. The sunlight distracted me and I decided to go for a walk. I first went down down to Petsmart, where I gave a playful kitty resembling Muffy a lot of attention. They didn't have the fish food pack I needed, so I left. I walked past and into Ross, where I checked the price of water bottles. I have a liking for glass containers, as it always seemed to me that each one could potentially contain a little world inside: this one is a tiny terrarium, this one is home to a snail, this one to an aquatic Japanese arrangement of fake flowers. I want a universe in a bottle, like I used to daydream about continuously as a child. And a teenager. And sometimes now.
I decided to suck it up and go into Sephora since now that I occasionally have to go to formal events I need more working makeup than eyeliner that fits my skin tone. I have a kit, but it's Walgreens makeup that is flaking all over the drawer it's in, and my mom's makeup is now much too light for my skin tone. Walking into the store, I instantly felt uncomfortable. There was so much stuff, the couple bases I held up to my face didn't match it, and everything was much too expensive. A bit freaked out, I left and bought a mushroom panini at Schtlostky's or however you spell it because of the aroma coming from within. The lettuce and tomato weren't the freshest, but the mushrooms were plump and well cooked and the bread was fresh. I bought some ink from Staples and went home.
I couldn't concentrate, as my lack of sleep is really getting to me. I couldn't read the way I wanted to. I browsed the internet for longer than I'd like, and did half an hour of exercise and stretches. Yes, I am lifting four pound weights, but I lifted them eighty times, hah! Also, despite my back pain, I can still fold in half. Part of the reason I am exercising is because with a stronger back my back pain will reduce.
I watched SNL while I exercised. My favorites:
Angelina Jolie and Madonna competing on Babies
Muppet Bus-Chris, I'm pretty sure you won't like this one.
Fast and the Furious-this is what I think the guys are about to whenever I see an overly macho scene or movie

Actually, I enjoyed most of the episode-check it out if you have the time.

No comments: