Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tonight's Dream: Vampires!

It was very hard to keep up with the temporality in this dream.
So there is a bunch of stuff which cames before this, but basically a powerful vampire and I are locked in a struggle for some really powerful things which could influence the fate of the world. In the final battle against him at his castle, which is all in grey, red, black and sepia tones and blurred in an artsy manner, I am mortally wounded and have to drink from the phylactery of blood, a small stone Gothic fountain with a grosteque gargoyle dragon leaking blood from just behind its eyes which completley heals the drinker but turns them into a vampire. Basically, a scene from right before the confrontation shows me how to kill him, and I have to stab open his chest with a stake and his heart comes out, which is this ashen grey shape with a an evil face, and this music that sounds like the slow beating of a heart plays when I kill him. So I then have to kill his assistant, who is my brother(not my actual brother) whom he stole and made into his slave, since he's the last vampire besides myself("There is still one more"). He realizes what I need to do and lets me, but seeing him burst into dust is completely heartbreaking, and we reach out our hands to each other.
So apparently this was actually a movie I was shooting as the main character. I ask the director about what was going on, since we had basically shot a series of action scenes with little to no plot, and called it "video game fodder." He says that I'm right, and that this would have been original a few months ago, except that people since then have published artwork and story in the same style as the film was supposed to be, which he names. I suggest actually turning it a video game, and he thinks this is a good idea.
I have no idea how this happened, but I am in the castle as the second most powerful vampire. Being a vampire had given me fangs, the ability to drink blood, superstrength and immortality, but I am still cognitively myself and don't have to drink blood. A group of tribal people have settled in the green countryside surrounding the castle under our protection. Life fastfowards to the modern day and suburbia and logging threaten the bay of the island we are living in. We kidnap the mayor of the nearby town and make him promise not to encroach on it.
We're in the castle again, which outside is obsidian and inside is black and white, and bombs blow up part of the first level in a shower of Roman columns. Miners have come, disobeying the mayor. Now things get confusing. We watlz outside, basically unafraid because of how powerful we are and invite them to stay the night. They agree. One of their boys meets a ghost boy living inside of our castle, and they make very happy playmates. The dream cuts to a Disneyland themed wedding with a couple of older women saying how much they enjoy it and how much it actually is like Disneyland except without the price tag, and I think it's Chris's aunt Patricia who is getting married? The ghost boy sings at the wedding, I think he's somehow related to Patricia, and my parents comment on how much better his singing is than Patricia's since they are watching the wedding on TV. Regular me in the living room with them says "Um, no", and figure that the song Patricia released in the dream was a poor example of her voice.

No comments: