Thursday, April 30, 2009

Castle Episode 4 and 5, Review!


So pre-cramming for more midterms and getting to other various work, I watched TV for an entire hour. Gasp. I may even watch another episode! I also re-read a lot of "Gaijin Smash" today, but that's beside the point. Anyways, the show has started to hit its stride, although for the first time I pinpointed the killer at the beginning in episode four. One thing I noticed that bothered me at first was that Beckett, the main female lead, is an outsider in the patriarchal system of the NYPD and local government. Then I realized that the "boy's club" notion actually was probably portrayed realistically. Another thing that bothered me was that Castle always seemed to be a step ahead of Beckett when it came to figuring out the murders, but I realized that Castle's daughter, who is probably portrayed with the most positive light in this series, is the person who always helps him put the pieces of the case together. And in this last episode Castle and Beckett are learning to mesh and work together as a team, giving them both an equal role in solving the case. I also want to steal some of Beckett's coats, but I'm not actually willing to pay for them.

Find your own Megavideo links here

Ok, so apparently I watched seventy-two minutes on Megavideo and can't watch anymore, including the conclusion of the last episode. I was going to watch "Parks and Recreation" instead, but decided not to. Only after this line, however: "To this day, I'm still haunted by those pensis......
.....
One penis in particular."

This show has the same format as "The Office" but other than that is funny and creative in its own right, above the standards you would expect for an average comedy show.

No comments: