Friday, April 10, 2009

This is Not a Happy Post

I once talked to a married man with children who had had a stroke. He was sneaking fried food into his diet. I didn't understand why, and one of the things I said was "But...it isn't good enough to die for." His answer was "Have you ever tasted fried food?"

I will never comprehend that, and I never want to. People don't realize that when they start to kill themselves they take a little part of everyone else who cares about them down with them.

Everyone who reads this blog knows what I have been through in the past and so will probably believe me when I say that I get it, I get that selfish urge and I know how hard it is to fight. I don't know, maybe it's because I had the luck to start out as a disciplined person, but I also got how important it is to fight it. Although, it did take me a while. It is a lot easier to believe that it's only yourself that you're hurting than facing the truth.

No comments: